I don’t know if these things are really ranked; I’m thankful for all of them pretty much equally.
- No more squirrel living in the wall of my apartment. The rodent that was plauging me nightly by gnawing on what is most likely important infrastructure in my apartment has now been evicted, so to speak, through the magic of expanding foam insulation. Chew through that stuff sucker!
- A job that I enjoy in great conditions. Encore has treated me well thus far. My boss Regina does a great job and I’m excited about the direction the company is taking. Plus, the interpersonal relationships there are great.
- My housing situation. I love not having roomates (and no, Carrie will not be considered a roomate. Roomates, by definition, are not married.) and I love my apartment, despite its lack of efficient heating and cooling, its dilapadated infrastructure, the bathroom that is barely big enough for one person…. I love it. Its perfect.
- My family. I got off the phone with my Dad yesterday on my way back to Memphis and I couldn’t help thinking how lucky I am. I have two parents who love me unconditionally and who want the best for me and will give great advice, but allow me to make my own mistakes and have my own opinions. I have brothers who are goofy and help keep my ego in check. And now, my soon to be newest family member will be my next section.
- Carrie Melton. Wow, I can’t be thankful enough for Carrie. She is funny and smart, and she loves me even though I can be an ass sometimes. She keeps me on the straight path, and she can make me smile, even when I’m having a terrible day. Oh yeah, and she’s a hottie. 😉
- Finally, I’m thankful for Christ. I’m thankful that he has grace for folks like me who are realizing now that we barely have anything figured out and have had it wrong for a long time. I’m thankful that he offered us a third way, a way of non violence, a way of peace, a way of love. The Way of God.