Why I am no longer a Republican
1. Jerry Falwell
2. Pat Robertson
3. Sean Hannity
4. People that listen to those three people and don’t want to throw up afterwards
5. Premillenialist churches that believe a total Republican rule will make Jesus come
6. Ann Coulter
7. James Dobson
Why I will never be a democrat
1. James Carville
2. Michael Moore
3. Randy Rhodes
5. Many leaders tend to be smug and condescending, believing that anyone who disagrees with is a racist, a bigot, an idiot, or just hates poor people.
6. Many have little or no knowledge of economics. At least I hope that’s the problem, cause if it isn’t, its utter disregard for economics
7. I believe the Democratic Party, which claims to be the tolerant party, is completely intolerant of those that disagree with them. I guess hypocrisy is a one word summation of that thought.
8. I believe their welfare programs have harmed the African American culture in this country in order to keep political power. People talk about Republicans opressing the poor, the Democrats do it under the guise of “caring”, which is even more desipicable.
Neither of these parties has enough redeeming qualities that I can get excited about voting for them. I can’t bring myself to withdraw completely from American Politics, if for no other reason than I think God can use the people of America to put whatever government he wants into power. He gave me a brain, and he’s put me in a country where we have a choice about who leads us, so maybe I should pray about it and come up with a decision. This decision must be electing candidates that i believe create an ideal circumstance for the Kingdom to break in, without forcing the Kingdom to break in. This, in my opinion, is neither Republicans or Democrats because both parties try to accomplish the will of God through the government; through obscenity laws and wealth redistribution respectively. I think I’m going to vote as a libertarian, if for no other reason besides the fact that they will legislate as little as possible and use the government only for essential matters. This will free up tax money that can be returned to the people and used to continue funding as well as begin new Non Profit poverty relief organizations.
But regardless of who I vote for, Jesus is my President. He isn’t just my savior. He is my Lord. No government of American will change that or replace him.